How to Convert FAT32 to NTFS File Without Data Loss
NTFS File system is more powerful and have more features than FAT32 file system. So this is a serious problem and i have got a solution for this.
Well FAT32 is mostly use for removable drives and it does not handle a single file more than 4GB it has to split up. The stability and security of NTFS is more higher than FAT32. NTFS is resistive to corrupting of data and data loss.If you want to change your format type from FAT32 to NTFS without losing all your data just carry on and read the article.
The Method which we are discussing here is easy, because of we do not need any software or application for this method. So do not forget to the following STEPS
- Step: Go to MY PC, and note down the name of the drive
- Step:Type “cmd” in the start search bar if you use Windows then execute cmd.
- Step: A command window will appear, type help convert and then press the ENTER button. execute this information “Convert a FAT volume to NTFS”
- Step: write “chkdsk E: /f ” (no quotes) where “E” is the letter of the drive to undergo conversion. This checks the drive for errors and fixes them automatically.
- Step: Execute “convert E: /fs:ntfs” (no quotes). “E” is again the letter of the drive to be converted.
- Step: The command prompt will start the conversion process and after a few minutes, CMD will show that conversion was successful.
- Step: To check, in the properties of the drive through right click<Properties.
NOTE: 1>Once you have converted FAT32 to NTFS, you cannot convert it back to FAT or FAT32 you will need to format drive and make new partitions so data will be lost.
- 2>This method only works in windows.